I’m sure by now you’ve all heard me rave over my new favorite Raw, Vegan and Sprouted Crackers that I’m selling in my shop…Livin’ Spoonful Crackers are amazing…they’re incredibly tasty and made from pure nuts, seeds and herbs…no additives, no added sugars, no preservatives…just the simple goodness of a hearty cracker that tastes like it was just popped out of the oven and baked homemade in your very own oven.
These crackers are perfect with my morning eggs, afternoon salads and on-the-go snacks with a smear of nut butter or hummus…but aside from munchin’ on these babies as a snack, I’ve created a vast array of recipes using the Livin’ Spoonful Crackers below…
So, why not get creative in your kitchen and grab a pack of Livin’ Spoonful Crackers whether you’re in the mood for a simple snack or a unique spin on a meal, these crackers are incredibly versitile, delicious, raw, sprouted and vegan…whew, how can ya beat that? You’ll surely never look at your Triscuts the same after tasting these crackers.
Angel Hair with Tomatoes and Salmon ‘Bread’ Crumbs
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can salmon, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed, divided
- 1 cup Livin’ Spoonful Caraway Crisp Crackers, crushed into ‘bread crumb’ texture
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook angel hair until just tender but firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add salmon and 2 garlic cloves, then breadcrumbs. Cook Livin’ Spoonful crumbs until golden, tossing to distribute evenly, about 5 minutes. Scrape crumbs onto plate and cool.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and remaining garlic clove. Cover; cook until tomatoes begin to break down, 3 to 4 minutes. Using fork, crush 1/4 of tomatoes. Add pasta, basil, tarragon, cheese, and 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid to tomatoes. Toss, adding more liquid if dry. Mix in half of Livin’ Spoonful Cracker crumbs. Season angel hair with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl. Serve topped with remaining Livin’ Spoonful crumbs.
Roasted Chicken Salad atop Coconut Crackers
- 4 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. grain mustard
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 10 cups red leaf lettuce
- 2 lb. rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 Livin’ Spoonful Coconut Curry Crackers
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, cranberries and olive oil; whisk. Add lettuce and chicken; gently toss to coat.
- Divide chicken salad among 4 crackers; serve chicken on top of each cracker.
Crunchy Bean Burgers
- 2 Livin’ Spoonful Pesto Pumpkin Seed Crackers, crushed into ‘bread crumb’ texture
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups white beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked spinach, drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper
- 6 whole grain buns
- 6 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
- Grain mustard
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients; using hands mix well until combined.
- Transfer into 6 patties.
- Place each patty on the grill; cook for 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Toast buns.
- Transfer cooked patties onto buns, top with lettuce, tomato and mustard.
Garden Herb Bread Pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- ½ tsp. crushed chili flakes
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 Livin’ Spoonful Sunny Garden Herb Crackers
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 ½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup spinach, cooked
- 1 cup low-fat Ricotta cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add milk, chili flakes, sea salt and pepper; whisk until well combined. Add 4 Livin’ Spoonful Sunny Garden Herb Crackers and toss to coat. Cover and place into the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and red bell pepper; cook for 5-7 minutes. Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook for another 5 minutes. Add spinach, salt and pepper (if desired); cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the egg mixture along with ½ cup low fat Ricotta cheese; mix well until blended.
- Transfer into a prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese on top.
- Place baking dish into a large pan, place into the oven and pour boiling water into the large pan to fill halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake until pudding is set in the center, approximately 1 hour.
- Set aside to cool.
- Serve warm or hot.