Happy New Year ~ I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a lovely New Year’s! I know you’re all excited to try these homemade potato chips, aren’t you?
I thought so!
Do you know how to make homemade potato chips?
I honestly didn’t know how until a few years ago. It’s pretty easy!
I have a very simple ‘food’ lifestyle – NOT a diet. No sugar, gluten, processed foods or dairy. But lots of organic veggies, healthy fats, fruits and veggies.
4. Learn About your Childhood.
You heal yourself when you forgive. And you forgive by imagining the person who has hurt you, as a child and understanding what life was like for them as a child. I’ve forgiven many people in my life. Was it easy? Heck no. I forgave my ex-boyfriends who cheated on me and broke my heart. I forgave my bosses at VOGUE for being awful to me. I forgave my father for making me cry throughout most of my childhood and even my adulthood-not because he was mean, but because he wanted me to be perfect, and well, I’m just not perfect…none of us are. So I forgave him. And that was probably the hardest thing to do. He still doesn’t ‘get’ me but I’m over it…it’s not worth me wasting tears and living in pain for someone’ issues-when they take them out on little ol’ me. This all happened in November of this year. I think I cried every time I meditated and repeated this forgiveness but it worked and it escaped by body and now I’m sure to keep it outside and not let it back in…because as we all know, there cannot be love where there is fear. Again, I chose love over fear and I remind myself to do this every single day with everything I do and every decision I make.
5. The Right Things Take Time.
Nothing happens overnight. Everyone has their ups and downs and everyone has their own stress, fears, etc. but if you stay positive and look towards the light instead of the darkness, the right things will fall into place…they just take time.
6. The First and Last Hour of Each Day Are My Favorite.
I start my day with dandelion tea, journaling and meditation. I finish my day with an epsom salt bath and thinking about everything I’m grateful for.
7. Love Yourself.
Everyday when I wake up, I ask myself, How Can I Love Myself Today?’ You have to FEEL this for it to make sense to you and to understand it. Our daily stressors are all about creativity being blocked. Women feel torn up by the pressure to be everything for everyone and to please everyone- this is what blocks our creative self and what causes so much of our stress each day. Unblock your life and let love in. Let the light in. Just close your eyes for 20 seconds and see the white light, then go on with your day.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2014?
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 2 large russet potatoes or sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt I used pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil and vinegar. Season with dill, garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt and pepper; toss again to ensure all chips are evenly coated. Place potato slices on a baking sheet; bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside for 10 minutes to cool before serving. Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer with guacamole, salsa or hummus.