I love creating recipes on Sunday evenings, especially in the wintertime…there’s something about Sunday nights that is so cozy and warm…it makes me want to relax and unwind in my kitchen while creating a new recipe. Last night, I opted for a naturally sweetened dairy-free, gluten-free brown rice pudding with dried cranberries…the end result was fabulous and it was the perfect way to end my extra ‘sweet’ birthday week…
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1/2 cup stevia
- 3 tsp. orange zest
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. macadamia nuts, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. dark chocolate shavings
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- In a medium size saucepan over medium heat, combine cooked brown rice and rice milk. Slowly add stevia; mix well until rice forms a creamy texture.
- Add orange zest, juice and dried cherries; continue to stir for 10-15 minutes or until cranberries plump.
- Transfer pudding to serving dishes.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of mashed macadamia nuts, dark chocolate shavings, cinnamon and chili powder.
Share your thoughts
YUMMO! Not sure you meant 1/2 c. of stevia, though?
Yes this is correct 1/2 cup stevia for baking! Enjoy Jody!
wow, I never thought to make pudding! looks great!
MMmmmmm, sounds so divine!! 🙂
Ooh very different! Me likey!
Thanks, Michelle..it’s amazing..so rich n’ creamy..let me know how you like it. Have a great day. Best,
This sounds really good. I’ve never had a rice pudding to be honest. But the flavor combos in this are really appealing. Thanks for sharing!