This post was created in partnership with ALDI. All opinions are our own.
Pureed cauliflower soup. Ahhhhh; just the sound of that makes my belly happy- easy to digest, super easy to make and it can be served anytime of the year, although right now is the perfect time to dive into this purred goodness.
Let me show you how to puree that big head of cauliflower and turn it into a lovely soup that’s ideal for lunch, dinner or an appetizer for dinner parties. Come on in and take a peak and how to whip this up tonight…
Last week I introduced you to an amazing new healthy living resource on this blog post: Two Nutritious Clean Eating Bowls, this resource includes videos, meal plans and recipes over on the ALDI blog and it’s called Hello, Healthy. I’ll be sharing a few more posts with you throughout February and March to showcase healthy recipes, meal plans and ingredients from ALDI that I use weekly in my home.
I started with a large head of cauliflower and cut it into small 1 inch florets with a sharp knife. Then I discarded the greens and stem out the outside of the head. I steamed the florets in a medium pot with 1 inch of water on the bottom in a steamer basket for 15 minutes over medium heat or until the cauliflower was super soft and tender. Not just fork-tender! The cauliflower has got to be mushy soft like it could fall apart if you stick a fork in it. Super soft. That’s the key here.
Then, I transferred the super soft florets into a large food processor and pureed it until it was creamy and soft. I added olive oil, sea salt and pepper along with some vegetable broth and that’s all folks. How much easier can it get? Not much.
I garnished this recipe with fresh parsley and the SimplyNature Golden Roasted Flax Seeds (available at ALDI) and it was delicious. On the table in 20 minutes! I know your mouth is watering and you’re eager to make this tonight, so I’ll leave you with a bunch of mouth-watering images and the recipe. And if you want to check out this recipe on the ALDI blog, it’s right HERE!
And here’s the star of the recipe. These golden roasted flax seeds. OMG they are so good. I’ve had a ton of flax seeds throughout the years but these have so much flavor in them. Must be the golden roasted touch!
Seriously, ALDI has the best nuts and seeds. My mother and I couldn’t stop snacking on their almonds and these flax seeds. Super crunchy and delicious! They’re the perfect topping for this creamy soup.
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into 1 inch florets
- 2 cups SimplyNature Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. SimplyNature Organic Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. SimplyNature Golden Roasted Flax Seed
- In a large pot with a steamer basket, steam the cauliflower until very tender (like it breaks apart when you stick a fork in it) about 15-20 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, warm up the vegetable broth over medium-low heat in a small saucepan until it comes to a soft boil.
- Remove the cauliflower and the broth from the heat and transfer the tender cauliflower and warm broth into a large food processor with the oil, sea salt and pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sere immediately,
- Garnish with parsley and flax seeds.