Who’s ready for the big football game day coming up in a few weeks?
I know you’re getting excited. And if you’re not excited well then your husband/boyfriend/partner/ friends are freaking out, right?
I thought so.
Instead of serving greasy wings and processed ranch dip, why not offer up some homemade nachos that are loaded with veggies and a fabulous cashew sauce, my favorite organic salsa and the best organic tortilla chips. Are you ready? This is going to be an epic game day recipe you won’t forget.
Okay let’s start with the chips.
Have you heard of Que Pasa?
They’re pretty much the greatest tortilla chips I’ve ever tasted and my family devours a bag in less than an hour. Let me start by saying they’re artisan, organic, non-GMO and made from high quality ingredients with nothing artificial about them. Did you know 85 percent of corn – yes, that means corn tortilla chips – is genetically modified? Crazy, right? Well, these chips are not genetically modified so you can feel good about diving in!
What makes these tortillas extra special is that they’re gluten-free, of course, but they’re also cut from authentic tortillas and made by stone grinding whole kernel corn into “masa” between volcanic lava stones. Sounds incredible, doesn’t it? Well, trust me here- the flavor is like nothing you’ve ever tasted.
Organic salsa isn’t so easy to find. Trust me; I spent years looking and had no luck until I found Que Pasa. Heaven!
You’ve gotta try this one.
The Medium Mexicana Salsa is my favorite. It’s the perfect topping for these nachos.
Okay so these nachos are unlike anything you’ve ever had. Want to know why? Well the Que Pasa chips n’ salsa make a HUGE difference in the flavor but the veggies on top are so amazing. It’s an awesome combination.
I roasted some Brussels sprouts and mushrooms until they were super tender and then I tossed them on top of these amazing purple corn tortilla chips along with sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, red onion, parsley, cilantro and the most amazing garlic cashew sauce that will blow your mind. Are you ready to dive in? Get your game day plans together because this will be the star appetizer for your football festivities whether you like football or not. Hehe.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 large button mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bag Que Pasa Purple Corn Chips
- 6 large roasted red peppers in oil, drained
- 8 large sun dried tomato slices in oil, drained
- 1 jar Que Pasa Medium Organic Mexicana Salsa, as needed
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked overnight
- ¾ cup filtered water
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil, plus more as needed
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Large pinch chili powder
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Before you start, note that the cashews need to be soaked in water overnight or for at least 12 hours. To do that, place the raw, unsalted cashews in a medium bowl with filtered water covering them and let them sit for 12 hours on the counter top at room temperature. Then, drain and rinse with filtered water and set aside to dry out.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, oil, sea salt and pepper. Combine until the vegetables are coated in oil, salt and pepper and then transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts for 20 minutes and the mushrooms for 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, place the Que Pasa chips on a large flat platter. Top with the roasted veggies warm from the oven, roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, salsa, red onion, scallions and parsley. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews, water, oil, lemon juice, garlic, chili powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste. Puree until very smooth and creamy. Add more oil as needed to get the consistency of a cashew dressing. Pour over the nachos and serve immediately.
This post was created in collaboration with Que Pasa. All opinions are my own.