This article and these snack ideas were sponsored by ALDI. All opinions are my own.
Happy Friday! Summer Fridays are simple the best, aren’t they?
Today I’m going to be sharing a few easy-peasy recipes that you can easily whip up in under 30 minutes. These snack ideas are a follow up from last week’s post where I chatted about How to Create a ‘Clean Eating Lunchbox’. As I mentioned, I had a field day at the ALDI store last week where I went a little bit overboard and purchased an insane amount of fresh produce and yummy gluten-free products to show you a few ways to jazz up your boring desk-side lunches and snacks- whether you’re stuck in a cubicle at work, in the library studying in college or sending your kiddies back to school, these recipes are sure to please a wide variety of taste buds. They’re simple. They’re quick. They’re flavorful. And of course, they’re fun. I wouldn’t have it any other way, which you already know!
So, I’ve created a fabulous avocado soup, crispy carrot fries, a honey almond butter wrap with sliced apples and a lovely hummus sandwich with tomatoes and fresh basil. You can tuck all four of these lunch ideas in your or your child’s lunchbox or brown paper bag for a simple, ‘clean eating’ bite anytime of the year!
You can serve the liveGfree Gluten-Free Multi-Seed Crackers with my avocado soup and toast up some liveGfree Gluten-Free Whole Grain Bread for your hummus sandwich.
- 1 liveGfree Gluten-Free Wrap toasted
- 1 Tbsp. SimplyNature Almond Butter
- 1 small red apple very thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. SimplyNature Organic Honey
- 1 tsp. Baker's Corner Shredded Coconut Flakes
- pinch Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
- Toast the wrap in a large, dry skillet over medium heat until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface; set aside to cool for 1 minute then add almond butter, sliced apple, pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of honey, coconut flakes and cinnamon.
- Serve cut into slices like a pizza or wrap like a burrito.
For the carrot fries, feel free to play around with the flavors- I love cinnamon so I chose to sweeten up these fries naturally but you may choose chili powder or paprika if savory fries are what you’re looking for. I garnished my fries with cilantro but feel free to use basil or parsley, if desired.
- 1 1/2 cups Fit & Active Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 ripe avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 cups Season's Choice Frozen Green Peas defrosted
- 2 cups SimplyNature Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Puree vegetable broth with avocado in a high speed blender until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and puree. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more lemon juice if needed, for taste. Serve immediately.
I’ve got two more recipes for you….this hummus sandwich is a winner!
All you need to do now is get out your brown paper lunch bag and jot down the small list of ingredients you’ll need to make these recipes and you’ll be on your way to creating a week of ‘clean eating’ lunches and snacks.
- 2 slices liveGfree Whole Grain Gluten-Free Bread toasted
- 2 Tbsp. Little Salad Bar Hummus
- 1 small ripe tomato thinly sliced
- 2-4 large fresh basil leaves finely chopped or whole
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lay two slices of toast on a flat surface; spread the hummus on top of one side of each piece of toast. Top one slice with tomatoes, sea salt, pepper and basil. Top with the other slice of toast and serve immediately or pack and serve within 2 hours.
- 12 large carrots ends removed, and cut into 3 inch fries or halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. SimplyNature Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss carrots with oil, cinnamon, sea salt and pepper in a large bowl. Coat carrots with mixture then transfer carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You can head on over and check out ALDI on Facebook for more fun snack ideas. Don’t forget that Back to School products are still available this week as part of the Special Buys found at ALDI. Get them before they’re gone!
Available while quantities last. All products may not be available in all stores. Prices subject to change.
This post was sponsored by ALDI. All opinions are my own.