By now you’ve seen my announcement about my new cookbook, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body, from a few weeks ago. And if you missed it, you can read more in this announcement post. (When you pre-order my book, you’ll get 6 Free Exclusive Recipes that are NOT in my cookbook when you enter your purchase code on that landing page)!
I’m so excited to be sharing my book with you. I know you’re going to gobble up every recipe and love every single crumb. Each recipe is packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, proteins and lots of fiber!
This cookbook is all plant-based (so the recipes are all vegan and vegetarian–but you’d never know it because they taste so good) and you’ll love that the entire book is free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, corn, refined sugar, all purpose flours and so much more.
Not only is this book filled with over 200 recipes but it also has a huge handbook inside on how to detox your cleaning supplies, beauty products, personal care products and food from toxins–this was a huge part of the missing link with my healing journey. On top of that I dedicated a section to my health story and how I healed from a decade of chronic illness (including detailed information on MTHFR and methylation) as well as 3 pages full of all the Functional/Integrative Medicine testing that you need to get to the root cause of any unwanted symptoms that you may be facing such as bloating, dull skin, exhaustion, foggy thinking, headaches, acne, arthritis, etc.
And if you don’t have any unwanted symptoms, this book is still a great cookbook to have in your home because it’s full of ALL whole foods (nothing processed, nothing from a box or can) and nothing that you cannot pronounce or recognize. My recipes are clean, pure, simple and fresh. Everything from coconut milk ice creams to chocolate desserts to salads and creamy soups as well as savory and sweet breakfasts and snacks that will blow your mind. Trust me, you’re going to dive into these recipes and never feel deprived from cutting out an inflammatory food (such as gluten, dairy, soy, sugar) again!
I’m living proof and these recipes are what have helped me heal the last few years from resetting my body, eliminating toxins and getting to the root cause of my unwanted symptoms.
So, are you ready for another recipe from my cookbook Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation and Reset Your Body? This one is extra special and perfect for entertaining. It’s simple- yet super satisfying and delicious. It makes a beautiful party appetizer and is quite impressive! I love the fresh taste in each bite and I know you will too.
*****And you can enter to win a 14-cup food processor from Kitchen Aid, like the one I used for this recipe by Purchasing my book and commenting below WITH your ONLINE Purchase code in the comment section of this blog post. One winner will be chosen. The winner will be contacted via email on February 7th, 2015.*****
Text excerpted from EATING CLEAN, © 2016 by AMIE VALPONE. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- 1 small zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing zucchini
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. peeled minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise into ¼-inch slices and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush each side of the zucchini with oil and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 10 minutes, flip the slices, and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender. Transfer to a serving plate.
- In a food processor, combine the cashews, cucumber, basil, gingers, 2 Tbsp. oil, lemongrass, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Puree until smooth, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and let the food processor run for 1-2 minutes more, or until the pesto is smooth.
- Spread the pesto down the center of each slice of zucchini and top each with arugula. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve whole or sliced into 1-inch pieces and serve with toothpicks.