I just made this divine TLT sandwich for my lunch today and I cannot stop raving over it! I will definitely be making this my lunch staple a few times each week!
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 pieces Kale (or your green “a.k.a. lettuce” of choice)
- 14 ounces water packed extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Reduced Sodium Tamari (Wheat Free Soy Sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon Veganaise (Vegan Mayonnaise)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Scallions
- Toasted Bread of choice (Pita, Bread, Bagel, Naan)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine Tamari and Dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- Pat tofu with a paper towel to soak up excess water and slice tofu crosswise into 8 pieces
- Using a spoon, spread the mustard mixture on the tofu slices (both sides)
- Bake tofu for 20 minutes
- Spread Veganaise onto toasted bread and place the tofu, lettuce, tomato, cilantro and scallions on top.
I love Tofu, not only is it delicious, it’s healthy and packed with a beneficial amount of iron and has no saturated fat or cholesterol. Tofu is also high in calcium and magnesium as well as a great source of soy protein. Moreover, the FDA claims, “25 grams of soy protein a day, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.”
Although I am Not a vegetarian, I do love my tofu. Do you enjoy Tofu? Share with us some of your favorite ways to prepare and incorporate Tofu into your meals.
Share your thoughts
Thanks Juliet—let me know if you try this recipe! It’s my new favorite lunch….
Yum! Sounds great.