I just made this divine TLT sandwich for my lunch today and I cannot stop raving over it! I will definitely be making this my lunch staple a few times each week!
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 pieces Kale (or your green “a.k.a. lettuce” of choice)
- 14 ounces water packed extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Reduced Sodium Tamari (Wheat Free Soy Sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon Veganaise (Vegan Mayonnaise)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Scallions
- Toasted Bread of choice (Pita, Bread, Bagel, Naan)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine Tamari and Dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- Pat tofu with a paper towel to soak up excess water and slice tofu crosswise into 8 pieces
- Using a spoon, spread the mustard mixture on the tofu slices (both sides)
- Bake tofu for 20 minutes
- Spread Veganaise onto toasted bread and place the tofu, lettuce, tomato, cilantro and scallions on top.
I love Tofu, not only is it delicious, it’s healthy and packed with a beneficial amount of iron and has no saturated fat or cholesterol. Tofu is also high in calcium and magnesium as well as a great source of soy protein. Moreover, the FDA claims, “25 grams of soy protein a day, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.”
Although I am Not a vegetarian, I do love my tofu. Do you enjoy Tofu? Share with us some of your favorite ways to prepare and incorporate Tofu into your meals.