Today I’m sharing a fabulous new smoothie recipe from one my best friends, Tess Masters (a.k.a The Blender Girl)’s new cookbook called: The Blender Girl Smoothies. Now, you all know I don’t do product or cookbook reviews on my website, but Tess is my exception because she is an amazing friend and her first book, The Blender Girl, which I wrote about and shared a lovely recipe HERE, blew me away because the recipes were so amazing and clean and fresh! So, I decided to write a little something here to share with all of you about her new cookbook that’s filled with 100 smoothies. This book is completely free of gluten and dairy. Plus, it’s vegan (no animal products) and it’s paleo-friendly, too!
This Green Mojito is one of my favorite smoothies in the book. It’s a cold-and-flu buster and potent detoxifier, all in one zesty cocktail (or shall we say mocktail since there is no alcohol in here)! This is one powerful smoothie filled with fresh and flavorful goodness. I like to think of it as pure wellness in a glass. It’s beaming with vitamin C and fiber, which makes it an ideal any-time snack or treat. I like to enjoy my smoothies in the late afternoon as a sweet way to start winding down my day.
Scroll on down and take a sip of this mock-tail mojito to cool yourself off right before the August heat wave sets in. I know you’ll enjoy it as much as I do (I’m guilty of making this smoothie three times last week, hehe). It’s that good!
The Blender Girl Smoothies book is based on The Blender Girl Smoothies app that is also free of fabulous gluten-free and vegan recipes.
In addition to this, The Blender Girl is hosting a huge giveaway with KitchenAid. One lucky winner in the U.S has a chance to win a KA Gift Pack (Torrent Blender, Pro-Line Stand Mixer, and Pro-Line food processor) valued at $2,000. The giveaway runs for the whole month of July and is open to residents of the US and Here’s the link to enter.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 cup 240ml coconut water or water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 limes peeled and quartered
- 1 cup 25g torn-up curly green kale leaves (1 or 2 large leaves with stalk removed)
- 1/2 cup 18g firmly packed mint
- 2 cups 320g frozen pineapple
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia plus more to taste
- Optional Boosters: 1 teaspoon wheat grass powder, 1 teaspoon minced ginger, or 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toss all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.