Continuing on with my Stonyfield yogurt recipes, last night I created a delectable yogurt chicken dish that incorporates a vast array of spices and herbs such as cloves and coriander. This is a wonderful dish to warm you up on a chilly December evening.
- 2 small onions
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Oikos plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, mashed
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté onions until they begin to caramelize.
- Add garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add all spices.
- Stir until well combined; let it all mix together in the skillet for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and water; mix well. Reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes while it thickens.
- Whisk Oikos plain Greek yogurt into the sauce; mix well.
- When the sauce begins to simmering again, add chicken; simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked.
- Serve over warm brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
- Sprinkle with mashed macadamia nuts and fresh basil.
In The News…