Ahhhhhh this weather is AMAZING. Helllllo Spring, o’ how I missed you.
I’m so excited to share this yummy recipe with you today. You may think that Spaghetti Squash is only for fall and winter, but it’s not. It’s great for a hearty spring dish, as well. And I’m going to show you just how to whip it up into a salad with roasted cauliflower and Swiss chard.
You’ll only need to turn on your oven for a wee little bit to roast the cauliflower and squash. Otherwise, all you’ve got to do it toss everything together and drizzle it with my tahini dressing. I love the combination of flavors in this salad; it’s filling and super tasty but it’s also light enough for a starter salad or can be enjoyed as a main dish. However you decide to serve it, know that your taste buds will be asking for this recipe again soon. I can’t wait to whip this up soon for spring and summer dinner parties. I think the combination of the tahini with the Swiss chard, cauliflower and Spaghetti squash is pretty fabulous.
I hope you think so, too.
Simple. Easy. And will easily become a staple in your home. Heck, if you’ve got little kids in your household, I bet they’d love to eat the Spaghetti squash because it’s fun like spaghetti but has a heartier texture.
Enjoy and have a beautiful week!
If you make this recipe, come show me and post a picture to your social media account and tag me so I can take a look! I love seeing your creations on facebook, pinterest, instagram, twitter and google plus.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why I eat organic: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 large Spaghetti squash 2-3 pounds
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into 1 inch florets
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head Swiss chard
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Large pinch of ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the Spaghetti squash on a flat surface and slice it in half with a sharp knife lengthwise. Remove the seeds and discard seeds. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, then place the two squash halves cut side down on one of the prepared baking sheets and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until very tender. Remove from the oven; set aside to cool then use a fork to remove the 'spaghetti strands' from the outer shell of the squash. Discard the outer shell of the squash.
- Place the cauliflower on one of the prepared baking sheets and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of the oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Place the cauliflower in the oven and roast for 20 minutes; toss the cauliflower around half way through roasting. Then remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, puree the tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, sea salt and pepper to taste in a blender until you reach the desired dressing consistency.
- On a large platter or in a large bowl, combine the roasted cauliflower, roasted Spaghetti squash, Swiss chard and drizzle with the tahini dressing; toss gently to combine. Add pecans and serve immediately.