This article was sponsored by Campbell Soup Company. All opinions are my own.
It’s been awhile since I’ve tossed a tasty sammie in the recipe mix for you folks. So, since the weather is getting warmer and the sunshine is making us all want to run outside and throw on our open-toed shoes, I thought I’d share an easy sandwich that you can take outside for lunch during the work week. That’s right. Get outside for some fresh air instead of eating lunch at your desk, find a bench or a patch of green grass and plant yourself there. Wrap this sandwich up in some parchment paper and you’re good to go.
I’m serving up this sammie with a new line of soup’s I’m currently crushing on. I recently discovered Campbell’s new organic soups and I’m a bit giddy over these fabulous non-canned soups. Not only are they certified USDA organic but they taste absolutely fabulous (I tried all of them! Lentil, Garden Vegetable with Herbs, Creamy Butternut Squash, Chicken Tortilla and Chicken Noodle, ) and they’re super easy to serve. I was amazed when I first saw these soups in the food store; I couldn’t believe my eyes…and so today not only am I giving you a triple layer veggie sandwich to knock your socks off, but I’m also serving it with a bowl of Campbell’s new Sun-Ripened Tomato & Basil Bisque.
So, today we’re doing a sandwich thing that can easily be served for breakfast (yes, I said breakfast), lunch or dinner. If you are in the mood for a REAL sandwich, people, look no further. Toss that processed white bread and your other take-out desk-side lunches y’all order during the work week. Forget those. You won’t think of them when you can munch on this baby right here. Super easy ingredients, lots of fresh fiber and a whole lotta gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan goodness in every.single.bite.
I don’t know about you but I totally wanna dive the heck into this sammie right now.
Don’t you just love the sound of this “Nourishing Triple Layer Veggie Sandwich”? It’s my new go-to lunch and yes, I admit breakfast and dinner, too. Because, hey, why not?
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 4 slices whole grain gluten-free bread
- 4 Tbsp. hummus
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 cup mixed greens such as spinach and arugula
- 4 Tbsp. cooked white beans
- 1 small apple thinly sliced
- 1 small pear thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 small carrot shaved
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- pinch chili powder
- 1 box Campbell's Organic Tomato & Basil Bisque
- Toast bread, if desired.
- Spread hummus and hot sauce on the surface of each slice of bread. Top two sliced with greens, beans, apple sliced, pear slices, cucumber slices, shaved carrot, sea salt and pepper. Add a dash of chili powder, to taste.
- Place the other two bread slices on top of the toppings and slice both sandwiches in half. Set aside.
- Pour bisque into a small pot over medium heat; cook until warm, about 5 minutes. Transfer to two serving bowls and serve warm with the sandwiches.
This post was sponsored by Campbell Soup Company. All opinions are my own.