I know that a Jasmine Rice Taco may not be the most exciting thing to post on an early Monday morning…but just wait.
These babies are gunna knock your socks off.
This is an easy recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight meal and you can pair it with a simple side of steamed veggies like broccoli or spinach.
I honestly didn’t think jasmine rice was my thing until recently, when I was home for the holidays and I picked up a bag and cooked it on the stove top. O My Goodness. The incredible aroma of jasmine rice cooking is by far the greatest thing ever. Can someone please bottle that and turn it into a perfume? I’m serious. Can you?
If you’re not a taco fan, I’m telling you right now that these are not like the greasy tacos you get from a box mix or the ones you see on TV from Taco Bell. Gross. These are REAL. Yes, I repeat real food with real ingredients and you are going to love every bite.
It’s fairly easy to whip up and only takes 20 min or so for the rice to cook so it’s great for an after work homemade meal that can be on the table in under 30 minutes. Just pour the rice into boiling water, cook it up and toss it with a few fresh ingredients.
Then all you need to do is stuff the jasmine rice, organic greens. red onion, hummus and a few seasonings (I’m using freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh orange zest and crushed red pepper- MEGA yum) into a gluten-free or organic corn tortilla and you’re ready to dig in.
And there ya go! Everyone devoured this for dinner last week and then they feasted on the leftovers for lunch the next day. Simple and easy. Just the way I like it.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 organic corn tortillas
- 3 cups Earthbound Farm Spring Mix
- 1 cup plain hummus
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Cook jasmine rice according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice with olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, sea salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Lay tortillas on a flat surface. Top with salad greens, followed by rice, then top with a dollop of hummus, sliced red onion and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Serve warm.