Green Tea Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups green tea
- 1 (15oz) can pure canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine olive oil and onion; cook until onions are soft and translucent. Add garlic, cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon and coriander; mix for 1 minute.
- Slowly add vegetable broth, green tea, pumpkin, agave nectar and avocado. Let cook for approximately 20 minutes or until it starts to simmer.
- Transfer mixture to a blender (in batches); puree until smooth. Return soup mixture to a medium sized pot; cook for another 15 minutes; add balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh rosemary.