Well, I did it again…another incredibly tasty recipe using avocados, beets, parsnips and my favorite nuts … a lil macadamia and a lil hazelnut … This is a fabulous dish for anytime of the year but I thought these ingredients were perfect for this fall harvest season… Perhaps this dessert will appear on your Thanksgiving table… Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and tastes on this newly delicious n’ always gluten’ and dairy free creation.
Gluten-Free Agave Parsnip Beet Cake
- 2 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, very finely ground
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp. all spice
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 very ripe avocados, peeled, cored and very finely mashed
- Egg substitute for 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flakes
- 10 parsnips, peeled and grated
- 4 golden beets, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking dish with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground macadamia nuts with flour, baking soda, all spice, sea salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine agave, avocados and egg substitute; beat on high speed until combined. Add dry ingredients; continue to mix on medium speed until well blended. Slowly add in parsnips, beets and coconut.
- Transfer batter into prepared baking pan; sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
And, I am exciting to announce my Giveaway for The Green Big Cookbook. I will be randomly selecting one winner on Monday, November the 8th at 5:00 PM EST.
To Enter, Simply:
Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite way to prepare a ‘Green’ meal.
Good Luck and have a wonderful weekend, fellow foodies!