Just in time for some delicious, Jersey tomatoes here is one of my favorite recipes, which I created from my father’s garden back in New Jersey. This sorbet is a perfect way to enjoy farm-fresh tomatoes bursting with Vitamin C and Lycopene.
- 10 large tomatoes
- 16 oz. agave nectar
- 3 Tbsp. horseradish
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot with water on the stove top, over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Blanch tomatoes by submerging them in boiling water, then immediately remove them and place in an ice bath.
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor or blender; pulse for 1 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into an ice cream maker; spin for 35-40 minutes.
- Transfer sorbet mixture into a container, covered in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and serve with freshly grilled tofu, fish or chicken.
I am thrilled to announce my winning recipe for the USA Rice Federation’s Rice Bowl Recipe Contest! Thank you and I hope you all enjoy creating this delicious n’ healthy gluten-free rice bowl!
Share your thoughts
You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with