I know you have all been dying for this recipe since I posted a sneak peak a few weeks ago on Instagram.
I’ve got a bunch of healthy dinner recipes coming your way this fall, so you can sit back and kick off your shoes because dinner is about to get really easy!
Now you can enjoy this Gluten-Free & Vegan Chickpea Gumbo all to yourself instead of living vicariously through my Instagram images!
It’s perfect for dinner and fabulous for lunch leftovers the next day, too.
I made this dish over the summer but I’ll certainly be making it again and again throughout the fall and winter because it’s such a hearty dish that can warm you up on a chilly day or any day, for that matter.
The best part of this gumbo is that it literally melts in your mouth and it’s pretty impossible to not want to make it again and again and again. Trust me. Try it once…you’ll see what I mean.
It’s not hard to finish the whole pot in one sitting. And it goes great on top of quinoa or brown rice, too.
Just a little food for thought.
Get your spoons ready, folks…this one is another keeper.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 1 large organic bell pepper diced
- 1 stalk organic celery diced
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 large organic carrots thinly sliced
- 2 large white potatoes diced
- 1 1/2 cups okra fresh or frozen
- 1 15 ounce can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Frontier Organic Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
In a large pot over medium heat, combine oil and flour; cook for 2 minutes or until it turns a light brown color, then add in onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook for another 6-7 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add remaining ingredients except quinoa; lower heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package ingredients.
Serve gumbo warm over cooked quinoa.