Last night, I picked up ground turkey from the gourmet market on my corner and I couldn’t resist creating a tasty dinner with it…I debated a turkey loaf, turkey mini loaves and turkey balls. Well, the balls won out and they were amazing.
I crushed a handful of gluten-free pretzels for a unique texture to these balls…I also opted for a touch of sweetness by incorporating the sherry, agave nectar, stevia and dried cranberries. These turkey balls were a perfect dinner served atop a bed of sauteed vegetables and Greek yogurt dipping sauce. The best part? I made just enough to bring the leftovers for my lunch tomorrow…
My philosophy: Cook once, eat twice…can’t beat it!
- 2 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 Eggland’s Best egg white
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup gluten-free pretzel crumbs, mashed
- 1/4 tsp. stevia
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Organic tomato sauce
- Nutritional yeast
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients. Mix well using hands.
- Form into ball shapes and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake fin the oven or 30 minutes or until browned and completely cooked.
- Serve with organic tomato sauce and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
And, don’t forget to check out my new StyleCaster article:
My newest update on my Press Page: