Last evening, I created a delicious dinner for myself…I spent my afternoon in the long lines of Whole Foods Market at Columbus Circle…after waiting online and fighting the New Year’s Eve crowds (at 3 PM), I was a happy camper with my fresh piece of sole, parsley, cilantro, onions, tomatoes and kale.
I created a tasty dish, quite simple, in fact…I simply cooked the fillet on the stove top, covered, with a touch of low sodium vegetable broth, sea salt and freshly ground white pepper. Once the fillet was cooked, I served it over steamed kale and my new concoction ‘Spicy Cilantro Salsa’.
Spicy Cilantro Salsa
- 1/4 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. spicy, stone ground mustard
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dulse flakes
- Simply combine all of the above ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature atop fillet of sole, steamed kale and blanched sweet onions.
- I served my sole with an additional dollop of Greek plain yogurt and salsa (gotta love the extra’s, hehe) as you can see in my picture below.
Happy New Year Bloggies!