To start the year off with a giving spirit, Musselman’s is donating ten cents to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) for every package of Musselman’s Natural Apple Sauce purchased in the month of January. The NBCF is dedicated to raising awareness of breast cancer through education and by providing mammograms for those in need.
Musselman’s has recently sent me a complimentary 48 oz Natural Apple Sauce in their pink ribbon package and a few healthier recipes that are perfect for the winter season.
With the colder winter weather just around the corner, Musselman’s wants to help you get cozy and add a serving of fruit to some of the most popular comfort foods (made with their apple sauce!) that not only feed your hunger, but can also help feed hope for those affected by breast cancer.
If you’d like to warm up your winter with some healthier comfort foods, here are a few of my Musselman’s Apple Sauce recipes to warm your home and feed hope for those affected by breast cancer.
Applesauce French Toast
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup Musselman’s Applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- Topping: Dried cherries
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, applesauce and coconut; mix well.
- Soak bread one slice piece at a time until saturated.
- On a lightly greased griddle or skillet, cook soaked bread over medium/high heat until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of dried cherries.
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup white flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup Musselman’s Applesauce
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; mix well.
- Bake for approximately 25-35 minutes or until slightly golden.
Turkey n’ Applesauce Burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ¾ cup brown rice, cooked
- ¼ cup Musselman’s Apple Sauce
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, scallions, brown rice, applesauce, sea salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar; mix well with hands. Form into patties approximately 2 inches thick.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat; add patties and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until turkey is completely cooked and burgers are brown.