Finely chopped kale salad recipes are my new thing.
I’ve always loved kale but it’s just so darn hard to chew sometimes, isn’t it?
Those leaves can be so curly and rough.
Have no fear- grab hold of your knife and do some serious chopping.
It makes a world of a difference and it’s fun to eat something that looks like a bowl of confetti, doesn’t it?
This salad is filled with a ton of veggies and a handful of colors that will brighten your dinner table (or your cubicle at lunch).
And as I mentioned a few months ago- I’m still addicted to walnuts so I have no problem tossing in a few more handfuls of them into this salad as I make it. There’s something about their soft, nutty texture that pairs perfectly with this dressing- it almost tastes like you’re eating a creamy nut butter. I think that’s my I love walnuts so much- they’re just so creamy and tender. Ya know?
Anyway, back to the salad.
Why not start off your holiday season in a few weeks with a bowl of antioxidants and color to get your immune system strong for the winter season ahead. I’ve included my favorite detox veggies so you’ll be happy to know eating a few helpings of this will have you detoxing like a pro!
Serve chilled or at room temperature as a main dish or an appetizer. Feel free to also pair this with your favorite protein like organic chicken, turkey or poached eggs.
Dig in and have a ball. It’s a serious confetti salad that will make it’s way back to your dinner table a few times this fall.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 2 large fresh beets scrubbed and peeled
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 heads fresh kale very finely chopped
- 2 large carrots
- 4 Tbsp. walnut halves chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh tarragon finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Place beets on a flat surface, suing a sharp knife, cut into matchsticks.
- In a large bowl, combine beets, onion, kale, carrots, walnuts and tarragon.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, oil, sea salt, pepper and lemon zest; pour over kale salad and toss to combine.