You need a little color in your life.
Especially when it’s the end of October—candy is showing up EVERYWHERE and the sky is turning a gray color.
The leaves are falling.
And winter is coming.
But there’s a way to brighten up your mood and your dinner (or lunch).
You CAN create vegetarian dinner ideas with a few simple ingredients!
Add a bit of brightness with these pretty white beans and mandarin oranges tossed amongst a bowl of mixed salad greens, chia seeds and unsweetened coconut flakes.
Heck, it’s like Spring break in October.
Don’t ya think?
Well, minus the whole bikini thing.
I mean, if you really wanna, you can toss on your swimsuit and eat this salad but you might wanna keep your puffy coat close because if you’re home is as chilly as mine, you’ll have goose bumps up and down your little bod while noshing on this bowl of goodness.
And, o ya the salad is tossed in this heavenly dressing that I can’t describe. Need I tell you more?
I think you need to try it for yourself.
You’ll enjoy it. Leftovers are just as good packed up for lunch tomorrow- you can stuff them into a gluten-free wrap or pita with a bit of avocado and you’re set.
Like, seriously. You’re set.
Heck, it’s Spring break.
Go have fun and enjoy this tropical bowl of heaven in your swimsuit to celebrate the end of October.
Your neighbor’s won’t think you’re nuts.
They’ll just think you’re in your Halloween outfit.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, arugula, white beans and tangerine segments.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper; drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Add flax seeds, chia seeds and coconut flakes; toss again.