Happy Monday, folks.
Today, you’re going to get a nice hefty dose of healthy living tips and information on food additives. My book/cookbook will be out very soon, but I wanted to give you a little preview of a handful of chemicals that can be contributing to your health issues. Ten years ago, I had NO idea about any of this- it wasn’t until I went through my decade-long health journey and realized how all the chemicals I consumed everyday were making me even more sick! Crazy, isn’t it?
Obesogens are chemicals that actually make our bodies store fat even if you are eating a clean, healthy diet or restricting calories! These chemicals listed below have been shown to increase the number of our fat cells, expand our fat cells, trigger our fullness and interfere with how we burn the calories we eat!
So, here we go. Get out your pen and paper to take some notes. You’re going to want to toss these from your pantry and fridge for good! My book will dive into more of this information so you’ll be armed with all the knowledge you need to kick start your detox from chemicals and bring you into a life of pure happiness and wellness!
- BPA, as many of you know is found in the majority of plastics and it’s a huge endocrine disruptor that is known for messing up your thyroid, fat storage, hormone imbalance and much more!
- What to do? Clear out all the plastic from your kitchen and replace it with glass, Ball jars or stainless steel containers.
ANTIBIOTICS & GROWTH HORMONES
- These are found in conventional (non-organic) eggs, dairy products, poultry and meat. So, if you aren’t eating organic animal products, I suggest you do so starting now because you’re pumping antibiotics and growth hormones from the animals into your body, leading to hormone imbalances and leaky gut among many other health issues like hypothyroidism and autoimmune disease.
- Check out my pages for more information on Dairy-Free How To and Egg-Free Substitutes.
PESTICIDES & HERBICIDES
- They’re found in all your produce from conventional (non-organic) fruits to veggies and herbs and beyond! Make sure to read up on the Dirty Dozen, which are the dirtiest (aka-most heavily sprayed foods with pesticides), and purchase those foods organic along with as many other foods as you can. Whole Foods Market has a great 365 brand of frozen fruits and veggies that are organic! You can also choose brands like Earthbound Farm for organic produce as well as frozen fruits, veggies, smoothie packs and pre-made salad kits that are all organic!
- Remove any sugar substitute or anything with the word ‘natural flavors’ on the ingredient list. They are chemicals and they’re man-made junk that’s making your body acidic and toxic. Trust me, I drank Diet Coke, used Splenda and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter for years until I learned they were pure chemicals and I was being scammed by their advertising. These fake foods have shown to actually lead to weight gain and autoimmune diseases. Stick with pure water with lemon and lime slices or seltzer!
Give your pantry a makeover tonight and toss out any of these chemicals that shouldn’t be there. You’ll feel good about adding in healthier choices to pave your way to wellness. And, since Christmas is right around the corner, check out my Healthy Holiday Eating for Kids and my Sugar-Free Recipe and Tips on FOX News.