I mean, seriously people.
I know you’re looking for easy vegan dinner recipes or healthy clean eating lunch ideas this time of the year, aren’t ya?
Most of my clients overdo it during the holidays and then end up sick with a cold, weight gain and a case of the blues because all the fun holiday stuff is ovaaaa.
Have no fear, it’s the new year.
And spring will be here before we know it.
Before I let you dive into this detox salad, I wanted to ask you all about the ego, because I’ve been reading a lot about this lately and many of my clients are experiencing thoughts creeping in from their ego during this time of the year.
Prior to this year, I didn’t know what the heck ‘ego’ really was. I honestly thought it was ‘If you have an ego, you’re full of yourself and conceited’ because that’s what I was brought up understanding.. but that’s not it. I wondered why I was never taught any of this. Why didn’t I learn about the ego from my parents? From school? From religion? Why wasn’t I introduced to being spiritual as a child? So many of my friends were- were you?
Well, the ego is actually beyond what I mentioned above and it’s so interesting!
The ego is when you act like you’re not good enough to be included in a group or you diminish yourself. Get the picture? It’s that tiny voice in our head saying things like:
- I’m fat.
- I don’t deserve what I want.
- I’m not as good as him, but I’m way better than her.
- I don’t fit in. I’m not like the others.
- Something’s wrong with me.
- If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
- I’m not worthy of being with that partner.
- I’m not good enough to be here so I need to prove that I do belong.
Crazy, right? My clients face these ego thoughts during January every year because they’ve either gained weight or are sad the holiday fun is over or feel sick from overdoing it during the holiday season and they beat themselves up.
When you start to do the work and understand how your ego works, you can benefit the lives of everyone around you- NOT just your own life. You start releasing those unconscious, patterned ways of thinking that affect so many people.
It’s easy, all you’ve gotta do it choose love over fear. Don’t fear these things such as the examples I mentioned above. You are not fat. You are not ugly. You are not any of that. You are YOU; you are beautiful and you are unique. Instead, remind yourself to love yourself (self-love) and choose loving thoughts.
I know you can do it. If I can…well, then so can you.
Go ahead. Do the work….you’ll find yourself a lot happier, I promise!
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 2 cups uncooked black rice
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1 cup organic red grapes
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups organic mixed salad greens
- 1 cup organic sprouts
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked black rice, vinegar, oil, orange juice, zest, red grapes, chili powder, sea salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Add salad greens and sprouts to a separate large bowl and place rice mixture on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
What do you think? Have you ever caught your ego creeping in your thoughts?