Fig Pesto in a pancake?
And to top it off, it’s not just any ol’ pesto. ..it’s a delicious combination of fig and Gorgonzola in a fabulous flavored pesto created by Pestos With Panache, which is an amazing brand of delicious pesto’s made with incredible ingredients such as dark chocolate, ancho chile, pumpkin, blueberry, strawberry and much more.
So, what did I do with this fine pesto?
Well, with this brutal Artic chill in the air, there’s nothing cozier than waking up from under my warm covers, slipin’ on my fuzzy slippers and waking up to a warm plate of pancakes…with a fig n’ pesto spin.
And, as always gluten-free.
So, go ahead. Curl up in your fuzzy slippers and maybe even stay in bed an extra lil’ bit. Get cozy, get comfy, get ready for a delicious breakfast and a fabulous morning.
Brew a cup of hot tea.
Turn on a bit o’ holiday music.
Jingle around your kitchen.
Because Santa is coming…
And whip up some pesto pancakes.
I assure you…these babies will start your day on the right foot.
One bite at a time.
Keep warm and enjoy your weekend, foodies!
Almond Flour Pesto Pancakes
- Fabulous Fig and Gorgonzola Pesto
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp Stevia for Baking
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Topping: Agave Nectar
- Topping: Fresh Fruit
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well until combined.
- Spray a large pan with nonstick cooking spray; set over medium heat. Let pan warm for 2 minutes over flame.
- When the pan is hot and ready for the batter, spoon the pancake mixture onto the hot surface.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then gently flip using a spatula. Pancakes will be cooked when golden brown and bubbles form in the middle.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with a drizzle of agave nectar and fresh fruit.