Well, yesterday was quite a stormy one here in Manhattan…
Strong wind gusts, lots of rain and a broken umbrella left me with one choice.
Experimentation in my lil’ kitchen.
I purchased some fresh collard greens on Saturday at the Union Square Market, so I surely had to taste them. Next step, my lentils, as you’re all aware of my love-affair with lentils. And why not a touch of natural sweetness from my fresh figs, apple, pear n’ balsamic vinegar.
Pure heaven on a rainy, blustery day…
So, guess what I whipped up…
I toasted two pieces of gluten-free bread and topped them each with this delicious tapenade.
Lentil, Collard n’ Fig Tapenade
- 2 cups collard greens, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups red lentils, cooked
- 1 pink lady apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 red bartlett pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dulse flakes
- 6 fresh figs, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam collard greens in a steamer until bright green and soft; approximately 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate; dab with a paper towel.
- Add collard greens and remaining ingredients into a food processor; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Serve at room temperature as a dip with corn chips, crudites and gluten-free pretzels.
Also, be sure to check out my tasty Dilmah tea recipes on Gloria’s Tea Cuppe.
I’ve created some delicious tea-infused dishes that I hope you’ll enjoy!
Green Tea Sweet Potato Soup
Grilled Tuna with Green Tea Coconut Sauce
Vanilla Tea Infused Fruit