This Raw Brownie recipe is one of my favorites and I have been using it for years to bring to all of my friend’s BBQ’s and dinner parties…so here it is…the long awaited recipe for my special raw brownies.
My special brownies are no longer a secret, ladies and gents…enjoy!
- 1/4 cup carob powder or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 4 Tbsp. agave nectar or honey
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of chili powder
- 1/4 dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Zest of 1 small orange
- Line a square pan with wax paper.
- In a food processor, chop dried cranberries until they are in tiny pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine agave nectar, wheat germ, coconut and carob powder. Mix well.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla extract, chili powder. Mix well.
- Add chopped cranberries, sesame seeds and orange zest. Mix well.
- Spoon this brownie mixture into the wax papered square pan. Flatten surface and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Keep brownies in the fridge until ready to serve.
How do you feel about eating raw foods? I enjoy eating raw as much as possible everyday and I love the way the phytochemicals and antioxidants make me feel—they give me a ton of energy and keep my skin glowing year round!