How was everyone’s Thanksgiving? I think I’m still full, hehe.
Okay enough of that. Now onto Christmas. Well, Christmas cookies, that is. And I’ve got just the cookie for your holiday sweet tooth. Because what’s a holiday without a lil’ celebration cookie squeezed in there? Right?
Now I’d consider myself a pretty big cookie lover. There was a time in college when my roommate and I would sit and watch Sex in the City with a batch of homemade cookies between us and a bit of icing to dip ‘em into. Those were the days.
I’ve enjoyed more than a few sugar cookies in my day. My Nannie mad the most amazing sugary, buttery Christmas cookies that I can recall inhaling when I was 5 years old. In my mind, it doesn’t get much better than a simple sugar cookie dipped into some chocolate hazelnut butter. Okay now I’m hungry.
But gluten-free sugar cookies? Without that buttery-yucky taste? You want it. You got it.
My clients asked me last week how they’ve lived on this earth without making a fluffy sugar cookie. I just looked at them and worked my magic. What’s the magic touch, you ask?
Simple: an ice cream scooper.
Yep. It makes these sugar cookies nice n’ fluffy and fun to pop in your mouth.
They’re bit sized and o’ so cute.
Especially for a holiday party.
Don’t ya think?
If you’re anything like my clients, you look for every excuse to eat a cookie. They pretty much just make everything so much better.
I’m warning you though. Without an ice cream scooper, these cookies just won’t be the same. You need it for that fluffy little ball-like shape. They kinda remind me of those plastic golf balls we played with as kids ’cause they’re so light n’ fluffy….I kinda wanna juggle with ‘em.
Yes, they’re that fun.
I absolutely love ‘em, especially alongside a glass of homemade apple cider.
Get your bake on, ladies. Come on. Put that cute lil’ apron on and get busy.
These lil’ babies will put a nice ol’ smile on your face.
And don’t forget to head over to my Facebook Page starting December 1st where I’m hosting the ’25 Days of Christmas’ Giveaway Every Day. I’ll be giving away a new gluten-free gift everyday from December 1st-December 25th.
Enjoy and Good Luck!
- 2 cups Pamela’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. Frontier Organic Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Frontier Organic Nutmeg
- ½ cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- Egg Substitute for 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. Frontier Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup So Delicious Eggnog (Dairy-Free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy, then add egg substitute, vanilla and eggnog; mix well. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture; mix well.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop dough into balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.