A perfect side dish.
Well, for me at least.
I think the lady at the Union Square Farmer’s Market thinks I’m crazy.
Lady, I’m eatin’ em.
Right off the stalk, fresh and clean. Just the way I like em.
As you can see from the pictures.
I have a love affair with chili powder and now that I’m able to digest certain cheeses and lactose I’m lovin’ feta cheese.
Where has it been all my lactose-intolerant deprived life?
It’s about to make its way into all my meals.
Not kidding. Be on the look out and don’t say I didn’t warn ya.
Or even a meal when combined with a bit of protein such a few nuts or sliced tofu. I enjoyed the left-overs this morning in my egg scramble and will be having the rest atop my afternoon quinoa salad.
I’m seriously addicted to Brussels Sprouts.
Maybe I need to go to Brussels.
Gluten-Free and Vegetarian
- 2 lbs. fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice off the ends of Brussels Sprouts and discard. Place Brussels Sprouts onto a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil. Place into the oven; bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Remove from oven; transfer to a large bowl. Top with diced tomatoes, toss with chili powder, flax seeds, sesame seeds, Feta cheese, sea salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Serve warm.
And be sure to take a looksy at some of my most recent Tips n’ Recipe Features:
Examiner Money Savin’ Tips
Musselman’s Applesauce Simply Spring Recipes
Chobani Yogurt Tips n’ Recipes
Runa Tea Recipe I and Recipe II