Well hellllooo Cinco de Mayo…here’s a dish that will have your taste buds dancin’ just in time for tomorrow’s celebration…this mouth-watering meal is perfect for any occasion, but ideal for tomorrow’s Cinco de Mayo festivities!
- 2 lbs. Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Scallions (Choped)
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Peppers (Chopped)
- 1/3 cup Black Olives (Sliced)
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp. Olive Oil
- Tortillas (Whole Wheat/ Gluten Free)
- SoyaKaas Gluten Free/Dairy Free Cheese (Shredded)
- Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- Organic Enchilada Sauce
- Nu-Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Tofutti Sour Cream (Topping)
- Fresh Salsa (Topping)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet over high heat, stir onion, olives, red peppers, garlic, chili powder and turkey in olive oil until turkey is fully cooked and forms a crumbled texture (aprox. 5 minutes). Add 1 cup of the organic enchilada sauce and Nu-Salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange tortillas evenly over the bottom of a deep casserole dish, overlapping to fit the shape of the dish. Spread 1/3 cup shredded cheese over tortillas until completely covered, then add 1/3 of the turkey mixture and a 1/3 of the enchilada sauce, spreading each level. Repeat until you have completed two more layers of tortillas, cheese, turkey mixture and enchilada sauce. Finally, top with another layer of tortillas and sauce. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and cilantro.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and the casserole is hot in the center.
- Top with fresh cilantro, scallions and fresh salsa and Tofutti Sour Cream.