I made these tangy soft tacos last night and I couldn’t resist sharing them with all of you. The touch of cilantro and lime juice tops these babies off with a pungent kick that will have your taste buds dancin’…(the secret that makes this dish so fantastic is the crushed peanuts cooked with your choice of protein)…Let me know your thoughts!
- Protein Source Options: (Ground Chicken, Ground Beef, Ground Turkey, Ground Bison, Tofu, Egg, Tempeh, Seitan, Beans, Refried Beans, or Grilled Veggies…the options are endless)
- 1/4 cup crushed Peanuts (or 1/4 cup All Natural Nut Butter)
- 1/2 White onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Fresh Avocado, sliced
- Tortillas of Choice (sprouted grain, whole wheat)
- SoyaKaas Gluten Free/Dairy Free Cheese (Cheddar) sliced for topping
- Tofutti Sour Cream for topping
- Scallions for topping
- 1/2 Cup Olives, sliced for topping
- 3 Limes, sliced in wedges (squeeze juice for topping)
- 1/2 Jar Organic Salsa Verde
- Nu-Salt (Salt free substitute)/ Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional Condiments of choice: Hot Sauce, Crushed Red Pepper
- Cook your desired protein with the crushed peanuts and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- In seperate skillet, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar with the onions, garlic, and Nu-Salt/pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Add tomatoes, cilantro, olives, protein choice, avocado slices and fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Heat tortillas in a pan or the oven and serve warm.
- Place your desired protein in the center of the tortilla and add the mixture from the skillet on top.
- Have fun with your toppings of Tofutti Sour Cream, SoyaKaas cheese, salsa and scallions.