It’s time for a little dessert do-over! Are you ready for an amazing treat that doesn’t have a pinch of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, sugar, grains or peanuts?
We’re going beyond your typical crumble here, folks…no need for butter or sugar or any other fake additives. This treat is a whole lotta goodness baked into a simple recipe — you’re gunna love it.
Are you ready to dig in?
I’ve been using Stevia in the Raw for quite some time now and I’ve really come to love the taste when used for baking. It gives you that sweet taste without spiking your blood sugar!
Plus, no one has any clue there isn’t any sugar in here. I served this dessert to my family at our home on the shore a few weeks ago and they loved it….they also had no idea that there was ZERO sugar in here.
I’ve loaded this recipe with a whole lotta fiber and protein in the fresh apples, berries, almond slices and almond flour. I’ve also added coconut oil, which is amazing for digestion, thyroid and gut health.
So you can feel super-good about digging into each bite.
If you have any leftovers, which you probably won’t since you’ll gobble it all up….but, if for some crazy reason you do (because you make two batches since one batch just ain’t enough) well then you can serve this with your gluten-free oatmeal and coconut milk yogurt in the morning for a sweet touch of breakfast without any sugar.
It’s a whole lot better than a bagel or a doughnut, that’s for darn sure.
Dig in. Have fun. Get wild. The fresh mint will make you feel like a kid again. Trust me. Go heat up your oven- you’ve gotta treat to make ‘tnite!
(and check out this yummy round-up of other recipes at Kitchen Daily).
- 2 cups fresh halved organic strawberries 16 oz., stems removed and hulled
- 2 cups chopped organic apples 2 apples
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil plus more for coating baking dish
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Stevia in the Raw Baking
- 4 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint leaves optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish with a small amount of coconut oil; add berries and apples.
- Combine almond flour, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and stevia in a separate bowl. Use your hands to mix the dough and create a crumbly consistency. Add more almond flour, if needed then sprinkle this crumble mixture over the fruit in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Top with sliced almonds and optional mint. Serve warm.
Compensation for this post was provided by In The Raw ® via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In The Raw ® or AOL.