Now, this is what I call ‘Delicioso’… talk about a sweet n’ savory winter meal. This hearty chili packs in powerful antioxidants from the raw honey and cacao nibs and a dose of protein from the beans and pumpkin seeds. Try this tasty chili tonight for a cozy way to warm up your weekend.
A sweet n’ savory winter meal that's naturally gluten- dairy- and soy-free.
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. Smoked sea salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper, freshly ground
- 3 dried chili peppers
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 oz. cacao nibs
- 1 15.5 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz. can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz. can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup filtered water
- ¼ cup strong coffee
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves finely chopped
In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, carrot, and garlic. Cover and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
Stir in raw honey, paprika, cumin, salt, and white pepper. Add chili peppers, tomatoes, and cacao nibs, and stir until well blended.
Add beans, water, and coffee, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until chili thickens and flavors have time to develop, about 45 minutes. Add a little more liquid if chili becomes too thick.
Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and fresh basil before serving. Enjoy!