Blah Blah Blah……You know I heart my veggies.
And pepitas (aka shelled pumpkin seeds) are my latest obsession. And a pumpkin seed recipe is always a good recipe, according to moi.
The crunch is awesome and their mild creamy flavor is a perfect touch. They’re like mini croutons without the wheat. Pretty neat!
The key to this detox bowl is to keep it simple.
Roast that cauliflower.
Chop those red onions.
Steam up that corn.
Toss that peppery arugula.
And you are D.O.N.E.
Drizzle on your dressing and throw your toasted pepitas on top and you’re ready for a fun night of flavor.
This is quite possibly the greatest thing to eat before Thanksgiving.
In my book, nothing tops a big bowl o’ veggies.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh organic arugula
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. pepitas shelled pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, cumin, chili powder, sea salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, steam corn in a steamer basket over medium heat on the stove top until tender, about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss roasted cauliflower, corn, onion and arugula; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt, pepper and remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil; drizzle over cauliflower mixture. Transfer to serving bowl; garnish with pepitas and serve warm or at room temperature.