Like seriously addicted. These gluten-free crackers are winners.
And if I make these again and finish them all within 24 hours I’m going to remove all the almond flour recipes from my apartment.
(p.s. I have a handful of other Grain-Free Crackers in my new book, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body).
I’ve been making almond flour crackers for myself and my dad (who loves them)—I got him off of eating Ritz Crackers and Cheeze-It’s for the past 15 years and now I have him hooked on almond flour crackers. So awesome. Yea Dad! Hehe.
Anyway, back to my crackers.
They’re the bomb diggity.
You need them in your life.
This is what’s missing from your life.
Trust me when I tell you to grind up a bag of raw almonds or go buy some almond flour. (Bob’s Red Mill is my favorite brand).
If you’re feeling frisky, you could add in some other herbs like oregano. But I personally think the rosemary and lemon zest is quite fabulous.
Although lavender does taste pretty fabulous in here too. A pinch of herbes de Province could be an easy way to get that lavender in these babies.
Know what I mean?
I thought so.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3 large organic eggs
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed dried rosemary
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes optional
- pinch fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well and use hands to form into a ball, then transfer dough to a flat surface lined with parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top so that the dough is sandwiched in between the two parchment papers and use a rolling pin to create 1/4 inch thickness. Remove and discard top parchment paper. Use cookie cutters, a pizza cutter or a sharp knife and slice crackers into desired shapes.
Transfer bottom parchment paper and cracker shapes to a baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for at least 20 minutes. Serve.