The other night I was making turkey burgers in my kitchen and I glanced over at my “Steel Cut Oats” and thought…hmmm, let’s throw these guys into the recipe and experiment!
- 1 lb. ground Turkey
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- Eden Organic no salt-added tomatoes
- Nu-Salt, Pepper
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 cup finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 1/3 cup bran crumbs (you can use mashed crackers, pretzels, etc.)
- Bread of Choice (Buns, Pitas, Wrap, Flat Bread, Naan)
- Kale/Collard Greens
- 1 Fresh Tomato, sliced
- Cooking Spray
- Veganaise, Mustard, Ketchup for topping (if desired)
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Divide into 6 burgers (1/2 inch thick)
- Heat grill pan and spray with cooking spray over medium-high heat
- Add patties and cook for 6 minutes on each side (or until fully cooked)
- Place each patty on your choice of bread (above) along with slices of fresh tomato, kale, collard greens.
- Add Veganaise, Mustard, or Ketchup if desired
These delicious burgers turned out to be quite a success and I loved the texture with the oats. I paired these burgers with a side of my butternut squash fries!