Here is a fabulous recipe that I use to top my bean burgers and use as a dip with my veggie fries…this ketchup is a health alternative to the store bought, processed ketchup brands that are full of sodium, additives and HFCS!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 small shallot
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- large pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor and puree until the mixture is smooth, yet still a bit chunky. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with veggie fries or veggie burgers.
- Store any leftover ketchup in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.