It’s time for a little treat.
I’ve been buying Larabars for years but I’ve always wanted to make my own so that I could use organic nuts and seeds and fruits. And boy o’ boy did these turn out amazing. I’m surely going to be creating a few new flavors just for you this year.
They’re such an easy snack or dessert and there is no refined sugar, no added sugar, no additives. Just pure organic one-ingredient foods. Pretty good, right?
You can’t beat that. That’s for darn sure.
So many of my clients eat the bars they find at food stores or convenience shops that claim to be healthy but are filled with awful chemicals and additives and they are often loaded with sugar, some form of hidden gluten or some fancy name for dairy and whey that people don’t realize will hurt their tummy!
Have no fear, Amie’s here.
Check out these fun bars and whip up a batch for an easy go-to snack you can bring to work with you, serve to the kiddies after school and even toss into your beach bag or gym bag. Trust me, you’re gunna be pretty smiley after you see how easy these are. They’re fresh and flavorful without the junk. My kinda food!
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1-2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cacao powder or carob powder
- 2 Emmy's Organic Chocolate Macaroons optional
- pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until mixture forms a dough consistency and is smooth yet still has a few tiny chunks of almonds. Add more water if needed.
- Transfer dough to a flat surface or cutting board and slice into 6 bars and serve.
- Store in fridge.