There’s a magical salad in my home and this is it.
I mean, come on. Can you not tell this is magical just by looking at it?
It’s full of vibrant color and it’s ideal for the hottttttt month of August.
If the above pic is calling your name, come on in and let me show you how easy it can be to whip this baby up pronto!
This mega deliciousness is the perfect balance of sweet n’ savory.
Sweet purple cabbage and cherry tomatoes tossed along with almond butter and apples makes up the sweet side and the garlic, tahini, arugula and walnuts make up the savory side. Toss all of that together and you’ve got a salad that takes less than 10 minutes to make.
It’s ideal on those busy evenings when you get home late and don’t feel like cooking or those lazy Sunday afternoons when you’re deciding between eating an entire watermelon or an actual meal.
The best part? This dressing is unlike any other you’ve heard of because it’s a combo of almond butter and tahini whisked together with garlic, lemon juice and water for a sweet n’ savory dressing that’s ideal for dipping raw veggies or served over roasted veggies.
You’re gonna love it.
If you make this recipe, come show me and post a picture to your social media account and tag me so I can take a look! I love seeing your creations on facebook, pinterest, instagram, twitter and google plus.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why I eat organic: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 medium head purple cabbage diced
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved (I used orange grape tomatoes)
- 1 large Pink Lady apple diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. raw walnuts chopped
- 2 Tbsp. creamy almond butter well-stirred
- 2 Tbsp. tahini well-stirred
- 1/4 cup room temperature water
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, arugula, tomatoes, Pink Lady apples, basil and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the almond butter, tahini, water, orange juice, garlic and sea salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.