This “cheesy” article is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. All opinions are my own.
I totally forgot to tell you.
I’m obsessed with tossing a bunch of ingredients into a baking dish and creating a masterpiece.
It’s kinda fun and exciting but a bit nerve wracking when you’re not sure if the recipe is going to explode or come out a perfect meal.
In this case… it’s perfect.
I think baking is the best part about the winter season.
Creating warm, hearty casserole recipes and serving them to our families goes beyond a chilled salad or a smoothie.
Am I wrong?
Doesn’t it feel so good to eat something beautiful hot out of the oven?
I thought so.
Anyway, onto our couscous recipe we go.
This one is going to be a favorite of yours because it surely is one of mine.
I’ve made it a few times already and everyone loved it.
I think it’d be great for a potluck or a holiday party. Or a Friday night when you open a bag of tortilla chips and all you wanna do is find a hearty dip to dig ’em into.
Yup. You can use this couscous bake for that, too.
I have a feeling it’ll be popular with all you guys during the Super Bowl.
But that’s a few months away so just bookmark this and you’ll be all set come February.
Now that Christmas is right around the corner you can serve this to your guests or whip this recipe up to bring to a holiday party. I bet no one else is bringing a dairy-free and gluten-free ‘cheesy’ couscous bake.
And don’t forget the chips.
The dunking part makes this recipe so fun!
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 cup dry gluten-free brown rice couscous
- 3 Tbsp. hummus
- 1 Tbsp. Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup dairy-free vegan cheese such as GO Veggie! Vegan Cheese
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp. organic taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook rice couscous according to package directions. Remove from heat; set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous with hummus, almond milk, cheese, eggs, taco seasoning, sea salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze.