I simply couldn’t resist…last night I whipped up a fabulous carrot cake just in time for the Easter holiday…I opted for a healthy and unique spin on the old classic recipe…Black Pepper, Dried Cranberries and Macadamia Nuts make this cake a superb choice for your Easter Sunday guests.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Egg substitute for 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- Toppings: Powdered sugar and coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and black pepper.
- In a separate large bowl, combine egg substitute, agave nectar, oil and almond extract; mix well.
- Stir in shredded carrots, dried cranberries and macadamia nuts into wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer batter into baking pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Top with a dusting of powdered sugar and coconut flakes.