There’s nothing like a bowl of chicken noodle soup on a chilly February evening. Last night I created a delicious gluten-free, dairy-free chicken n’ buckwheat noodle soup that warmed me up from the Manhattan chill. I tossed in some navy beans and my favorite dinosaur kale along with mushrooms and ginger for an exceptionally delectable soup.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces buckwheat noodles
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- 1/8 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup navy beans
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups dinosaur kale, chopped
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. oil
- Toppings: Organic corn tortilla chips, crushed; fresh basil, chopped; chili powder
- Cook chicken over medium heat until fully cooked and no longer pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare and cook buckwheat noodles according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine water, dried herbs, spices and ginger. Heat until water boils; add navy beans; cover and reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, kale and sea salt; cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add buckwheat noodles, chicken and oil; mix well.
- Transfer to serving bowls. Top with organic corn chips, fresh basil and a sprinkle of chili powder.