Mer,this fabulous chocolate recipe is for you…it reminds me of when we were younger…after going to see the movie “Chocolat” when we instantly ran out of the theater to our favorite chocolate shop to buy the delicious Dark Chocolate ‘Break-Up’.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, I’m dedicating this post to my dear friend, Mer…here’s to you Mer and to all of you dark chocolate lovers…I present my special dark chocolate creation…
- 2 (3 oz.) Organic Dark Chocolate Bars
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Topping: An additional sprinkle of chopped cherries, macadamia nuts and crystallized ginger.
- Chop chocolate bars; place into a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave on high until chocolate is smooth; stir every 1 minute to ensure even melting.
- Stir in macadamia nuts, ginger and dried cherries; mix well.
- Spread mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut and a few more pieces of cherries, ginger and macadamia nuts.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Break into pieces and serve.