Good morning! Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. Mine was filled with the farmers market and lots of cooking.
I’ve been thinking lately about how grateful I am for each and every day of my life.
For every small step forward.
I know there’s nothing promised to me and that each moment and insight is a gift- all the chaos and pain that I’ve faced with my health that goes along with a fully lived life is also a gift.
I think it’s about what we make of our pain that determines who we are and the outcome of our lives.
What’s funny is that if we take teeny, tiny steps every day and we look back on our life…we can amaze ourselves at how far we’ve come and all that we have achieved.
The goal is to not let the pain or chaos in your life stop you- but to realize that these moments are a vital part of life and we can learn from them and grow.
I hope you can look back at your past pain and present chaos or pain and realize this.
Take a deep breath and remind yourself to stay in the present moment.
And then smile.
Now, who’s ready for a lil’ moist banana bread recipe? I know you wanna slice.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 2 2/3 cups gluten free oats
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp. organic coconut oil melted
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray; set aside.
- Grind gluten free oats in a blender to create oat flour.
- Combine maple syrup, coconut oil, mashed bananas, sea salt and almond extract in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and ground cinnamon in a separate bowl; add this mixture to the wet maple syrup mixture along with cranberries, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Mix to combine (be careful not to over mix).
- Transfer mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.