Today for lunch, I packed my special Collard Wraps…they were the perfect way to kick off the 1st day of September. Fresh, local veggies stuffed inside collards with a delicious and tangy dipping sauce…yum…is your mouth watering yet?
- 6 Large Collard Green Leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Hummus (Any Flavor of Choice)
- 1 tsp. Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 Ruby Red Grapefruit, peeled and pieced out of skin
- 1 cup Sprouts
- Dash of chili powder
- Dash of lime juice
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- Dash of Dulse flakes
- Nu-Salt and pepper, to taste
Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Agave Nectar
- Steam collards for 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine nutritional yeast, lime juice, hummus, chili powder, Nu-Salt, pepper, dulse flakes, flax seeds and balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into the center of each collard leaf. Spread evenly.
- Top each leaf with mushrooms, avocado, cucumbers, sprouts, sun-dried tomatoes and grapefruit pieces.
- Wrap the leaf like a burrito and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For dipping sauce: In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, agave nectar and tomato paste; mix well. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Enjoy the collard wraps dipped into the yogurt dipping sauce.