This is a great dish for a warm August evening such as tonight…the next time you’re in the mood for the intense flavor and hearty taste of a chili but with a light, cool taste…be sure to whip up this refreshing gazpacho chili.
Protein of choice (Ground Turkey, Chicken, Bison, Tofu, Tempeh, Seitan, etc.)
1 can Eden Organic Diced Tomatoes
1 Red Onion (chopped)
1/2 cup Scallion (chopped)
2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 cup Corn
- 1 Poblano Pepper (chopped/seeded)
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 can Eden Organic Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can Eden Organic Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 can Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Avocado (chopped)
- 1 Mango (peeled and sliced)
- 8 Lime Wedges
- Nu-Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add chicken broth, onion, poblano pepper, garlic and protein of choice. Cook for 10 minutes or until protein source has fully cooked; stir frequently until protein starts to crumble. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, tomato paste, Nu-Salt and pepper, corn and both cans of beans. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Transfer in to serving bowls and top with cilantro, mango and avocado slices.
- Serve with limes.