Last night I had a bit of fun with my new chia seeds. Do you remember those commercials from the 90’s for the chia pets? Who would have thought chia seeds were a superfood and incredibly good for you? For centuries this tiny little seed was used as a staple food by the Indians of the south west and Mexico. It was known as the ‘running food’ and was used as an energy endurance source dated as far back as the ancient Aztecs.
Chia is a source of protein, rich in calcium and the richest vegetable source for the essential omega 3 fatty acid. After researching chia seeds and their benefits, I decided to incorporate them into a tasty chip recipe, which is simple and easy to prepare. These healthy chips pair perfectly with a dollop of guacamole, salsa and Greek yogurt!
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Gluten-free or Whole Grain tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of chili powder
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread tortillas in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine chia seeds, chili powder, sea salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, mustard and lemon juice; mix well.
- Slice tortillas into triangle shapes.
- Brush each tortilla with olive oil and sprinkle mixture over triangle pieces.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until tortillas are brown and crispy.
- Enjoy dipped into guacamole, Greek plain yogurt or salsa!
Share your thoughts
Wow, what a great recipe. It tasted amazing!
Want to join a contest and possibly earn some money? You can go to chiaart.com to learn more. If you decide to register, you can register via chiaart.com or go to chachia.me/trumpet/ which will automatically put in my announcer ID. If you register via chiaart.com then please put my code as the announcer code. 21CHA is my code. Thank you!
It cost $5 or $7.50 and you can win $1,000.