Here is a great recipe for an ‘Itty Bitty’ side salad. This dish pairs well with any fish- I enjoy this salad with my parchment baked halibut fillets.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups green beans, cooked whole
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 fresh beets, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 scallion, greens and whites sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 tsp. spicy mustard
- Topping: Greek yogurt
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, spicy mustard and agave nectar. Mix well; set aside.
- Simply combine all above vegetables into a large bowl. Toss gently; slowly add the peanuts and the above yogurt mixture. Toss to ensure all vegetables and peanuts are coated.
- Serve chilled with a dollop of Greek plain yogurt.
Share your thoughts
RE Bitty Beet Salad: recipe ingredients do not include greek yogurt , do include olive oil, which is not in the directions, which is the misprint?
Thanks, Shirley…sorry about that. Yes, the olive oil is in the ingredient list to be mixed in with the beets, however, the Greek yogurt is used as an optional topping on the side for a bit of a tangy protein boost of flavor! Enjoy and thanks for your comment; I’d love to hear how you like this salad…let me know! Happy Holidays!