This post was created in partnership with ALDI. All opinions are our own.
This isn’t just another kale salad. It’s so much more and it’s so easy to make that I guarantee you’ll make it at least once a week. This tasty salad takes about 15 minutes to make, possibly less if you’re quick in the kitchen. Either way, a meal on the table in less than 15 minutes makes a very happy Amie and I’m sure it makes you quite happy, as well…because who’s got the time to make an exhausting meal on a weeknight when you want your food on the table pronto? Exactly. Not many people.
So, come on over and let me show you how to whip this baby up tonight. It will light up your week. I assure you!
As I mentioned a few weeks ago in my Creamy Cauliflower Soup post and the week before that in my 2 Clean Eating Bowls post, I’m working with ALDI (LOVE them, by the way) on their new healthy living resource just for you that includes videos, meal plans and recipes over on the ALDI blog. This program is called Hello, Healthy and it’s super helpful for helping you get (and stay) healthy this year. It’s totally worth checking out. This recipe today is part of my collaboration with ALDI and I’m using the ALDI Southern Grove Whole Almonds, which were AMAZING (my mother and I couldn’t stop eating them–they were lightly roasted with a touch of sea salt and no oil added—OMG run and buy these, like right now—by far the best store-bought almonds I’ve ever had) and their SimplyNature Apple Cider Vinegar, which is certified organic (yay!) and quite delicious in my cashew dressing that I’m sharing with you today.
This dressing isn’t something that you see often- it’s a combination of soaked cashews with apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper tossed with a massaged kale salad (to massage kale, you need just a little bit of oil in your hands along with the chopped kale leaves and you massage the kale with your hands until the light color of the kale turns dark green and the leaves become soft and tender). Make sense? Good.
I added the amazing almonds I told you about above, a ripe avocado, a naturally sweet apple, a few scallions and a red onion and that was it. How much easier can it get, folks?
I supercharged the flavor in this recipe with the lemon zest, fresh lemon juice and the SimplyNature Apple Cider Vinegar to add a nice sweet kick to this salad.
It’s a lovely recipe for a side salad with dinner or can be served as a main meal for lunch or dinner. Either way, I guarantee you’ll enjoy it. Hands down.
And don’t forget to check out my two meal plans I created for ALDI- I have a feeling you’ll find some yummy meals to make for yourself or your family this week.
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 head flat kale, finely chopped and ends trimmed
- 3 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and large diced
- 1 large honey crisp apple, diced or thinly sliced
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. ALDI raw almonds
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp. SimplyNature Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- Place the cashews in a bowl with the water and let sit on the counter for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Drain the water and rinse the cashews well. Then set them aside.
- In a large bowl, massage the kale with the oil using your hands. Add the salt and toss with your hands.
- Add the avocado, apple, scallions, onion and almonds; toss to combine and set aside.
- Place the cashews in a food processor with the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, sea salt and pepper, to taste. Puree until very smooth, then drizzle over the kale salad and add the lemon zest. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
This post was sponsored by ALDI. All opinions are my own.