I don’t know where this recipe idea came from.
It’s another one of those recipes that came to my mind while walking down the street…
Earlier this week I was browsing the beautiful food market of Grand Central Station here in Manhattan.
I came across a bunch of fun daikon radish and thought, I need this.
But it’s got a fire-y n’ spicy bite.
I had some fresh asparagus floating around in my fridge along with some corn so I thought why not make use of my two ripe avocados and get to work?
I know it’s not the usual guacamole that you are used to eating.
And they probably never will be.
That’s what makes me special.
Go ahead, a dollop on a chip, a shmear on your toast or cracker, a spoonful onto your salad.
I thought so.
I’m just getting excited looking at that gluten free grilled corn.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 10 asparagus, cooked and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup daikon radish, julienne
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 ears of corn, grilled and shaven
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mash with a potato masher until well combined but still chunky.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve with crudites and gluten-free crackers.
I’m excited to announce that I will be on the Martha Stewart Radio show on Thursday, December the 22nd at 10AM EST talking about Clean Eating on New Year’s Eve. Hope you can join and listen in.
As part of the Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program, I have been entered for the chance to win a trip to Greece courtesy of FAGE. You too can enter to win one of three trips to Greece by entering the FAGE Plain Extraordinary Greek Getaway here: http://www.fageusa.com/community/fage-greek-getaway